Point of Care Diagnostics has recently developed a new range of nitrile gloves that not only supports the work that their customers do, but also provides a valuable funding stream for breast cancer nurses.
Are Nitrile Gloves a Better Choice?
We think the answer is yes!
- They are stronger and more cut resistant than latex
- Nitrile gloves are low allergen
- The cost is almost equivalent to latex anyway
- Peoples preference is generally Nitrile – power in numbers!
If you’re still using latex gloves, maybe it’s time to consider switching!
- Short Cuff (9 inch)
- Very Thin (3 mil), 3.5 g
- Available in S, M, L, XL
- Box of 200 (cheaper per glove)
- Also available as a case of 10 boxes
GloveBox is best stored as fully packed inside dispensers and cartons , unopened , in a cool , dark place (away from direct sunlight and fluorescent lightings ). Stored in this way, our gloves have been shown under an accelerated ageing study to have excellent resistance to ageing and degradation with their effectiveness remaining intact well in excess of 10 years.
A real time stability study of up to 5 years, which is the maximum shelf life that can be claimed officially, was successfully carried out under this condition to support this accelerated ageing study.
GloveBox is available for purchase directly from POCD, or through all the major medical wholesalers.
What to Look Forward To
If GloveBox proves popular POCD will increase the range to include:
- Longer, thicker, higher protection gloves
- Speciality gloves, i.e. chemotherapy etc…
We’d love to know if you want a different variety – let us know in the comments below!